We are currently searching for a Fabrication Supervisor to oversee the fabrication of trailer parts, ensuring that parts production targets in a manner that optimizes efficiency and meets quality standards.
- Oversee all fabrication operations, monitoring to ensure production schedules are met;
- Operate fabrication equipment including break press, turret punch press, tube bender and welders;
- Certify all fabricated products meet the company’s quality requirements;
- Manage the fabrication site layout to ensure efficient and effective use of space in an organized and safe work environment;
- Ensure daily inspections of equipment are complete;
- Monitor all equipment for potential maintenance or safety issues, communicate with equipment manufacturers regarding preventative maintenance on all machinery;
- Lead the team in continuous improvement projects to increase machinery throughput;
- Optimize machine performance and minimize material waste;
- Provide input and work with the Programmer to develop effective part programs;
- Support ongoing continuous improvement projects and promote lean manufacturing principles;
- Liaise with temporary staffing agency to secure a consistent supply of temporary workers;
- Approve team member timecards, monitoring and addressing attendance issues as necessary;
- Assist with recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Maintain regular contact with employees to identify and address production problems;
- Ensure staff are working in compliance with company policies, products, and applicable legislation.
- Take responsibility for employee health and safety and maintaining a safe work environment within the department;
- Minimum 3 years’ supervisory experience in a metal fabrication environment; familiarity/experience in the following areas considered an asset: Lean manufacturing/5S principles; CNC programming;
- Minimum 5 years’ steel GMAW (MIG) welding experience in a production environment;
- Additional training and certifications an asset (industry courses, AWS, ASME, CWB etc.);
- Machine operating experience an asset;
- Completion of secondary school or GED equivalent.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Excellent supervisory skills;
- Strong organization and time management skills to work efficiently in a fast-paced production environment while maintaining quality standards;
- Strong interpersonal skills to work in a professional and cooperative manner with all levels of employees and management;
- Able to read blue prints and procedures;
- Flexibility and willingness to share opinions and expertise to solve problems collaboratively;
- Effective problem solving skills;
- Ability to learn quickly;
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Westbrook Trailers is an equal opportunity employer. We value workplace diversity and inclusion. Our hiring decisions are made on the basis of candidate qualifications, merit and business need. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices in compliance with the AODA. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process by contacting Human Resources.
The above description reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions and duties as required for the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description or task list of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.