Information Technology Manager
The IT Manager will be accountable for the secure and efficient operation of all information technology systems for two of the Westbrook Group of Companies, Westbrook Systems and Westbrook Trailers.
This position will manage the ERP systems, computer, and communication systems for both companies. They will support IT system users with training, troubleshooting, developing and implementing new technology upgrades and tools to enhance productivity and support their needs and requests.
This role will also have a strategic role in supporting key business and planning initiatives involving IT resources for Westbrook Systems and Westbrook Trailers. The IT Manager will also collaborate with the Westbrook Group IT Director to coordinate IT strategies, planning and resources for the Westbrook Group of Companies.
Westbrook Systems has over 50 years creating greenhouse systems based on experience, business acumen and innovation. Westbrook Trailers with its entrepreneurial, friendly, team and customer focused spirit, is a leading manufacturer of galvanized aluminum utility trailers. Together, they form part of the Westbrook Group of Companies, a professionally managed group of privately held and third generation family-owned operating companies with history back to 1959. Find out more about Westbrook at https://www.westbrookgroup.ca/
- Collaborating with company departments to analyze needs, identify vulnerabilities and boost productivity, efficiency and accuracy;
- Monitoring and maintaining the ERP systems for each company;
- Monitoring and maintaining all IT infrastructure including operating systems, laptops, desk tops, software and hardware;
- Managing corporate mobile phone programs;
- Supporting users with training, daily requests, and manage investigations and resolutions of system incidents and issues;
- Managing relationships with IT service providers and related vendors including establishing contract and service level agreement, and managing and negotiating access agreements;
- Overseeing and determining timeframes for major IT projects, and collaborating with Group IT Director on Westbrook Group IT planning, resources and projects;
- Managing IT resource budgets– hardware, software and network;
- Managing the inventory of IT assets and maintaining a replacement schedule ;
- Developing and implementing IT-related policies and procedures;
- Remaining up to date with advances in technology and industry best practices to make informed recommendations on strategic planning.
Education and Technical Experience:
- University or College degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Information Systems;
- Significant work experience overseeing the direction, development, and implementation of software solutions;
- Experience with EDI Standards & implementation;
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Outlook;
- Working knowledge of key software platforms is preferrable: Visual Basic, Visual ERP, Manux ERP, Solidworks, AutoCAD, RF+, MS Office Suite, and Artube;
- Helpful Certifications: ITIL, PMP, TOGAF, SAFe.
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong interpersonal, team-oriented and collaboration skills to work cooperatively across departments in support of fulfilling customer requirements;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong organization, project management and time management skills to manage multiple projects;
- People-focused and service-oriented leader;
- Adept influencer and negotiator.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Westbrook Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We value workplace diversity and inclusion. Our hiring decisions are made based on candidate qualifications, merit and business need.
We are committed to providing accessible employment practices in compliance with the AODA. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process by contacting Human Resources.