|JOB TITLE||Maintenance Technician|
|REPORTS TO||Operations Manager|
|JOB LOCATION||Shipping Centre-Beamsville|
|REVISION DATE||August 2021|
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing routine repairs and maintenance to equipment and building facilities in order to ensure they remain in good operational order.
- Perform minor indoor building repair and maintenance activities (i.e, basic carpentry, painting, drywalling, replacing doors/door hardware, etc.);
- Perform basic plumbing repairs (faucets, toilets, heating lines, etc.);
- Perform basic electrical maintenance (replacing light bulbs, installing switch plate covers, etc.);
- Clear snow and ice from walkways and parking areas;
- Inspects building facilities to identify building maintenance needs, reporting them to the Operations Manager as required;
- Participate in property safety and Preventative Maintenance programs to ensure a safe, hazard free working environment;
- Assist with office moves, equipment relocation, etc.;
- Operate, maintain and repair a variety of mechanical tools and equipment such as rivet guns, impact guns, drills, air compressors, pressure washers, sweeping machine and various hand tools required for carpentry, plumbing, and maintenance skills;
- Ensure that all required documentation is completed in a timely, accurate manner including timesheets, preventative maintenance logs, work orders, etc.
- Coordinate with other maintenance team members, other departments and outside contractors as required;
- Assist on assembly lines to help get and stay familiar with how certain machinery functions.
- Maintain a tidy, clean and safe work area;
- Repair return trailers for scratch and dent resale;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years’ maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment;
- Valid Class G driver’s license to travel between company facilities as required;
- General knowledge of control systems, safety light curtains, safety trip switches, electrical systems, air supply systems an asset;
- Previous experience with press brakes, turret punch machines, and benders an asset;
- Tow motor operator, aerial lift and fall arrest certification an asset;
- Completion of secondary school diploma or GED equivalent.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Mechanically inclined – able to safely operate power tools and hand tools;
- Strong organization/time management skills with the ability to work independently;
- Flexible, positive attitude to take on a wide variety of tasks as required;
- Collaborative approach and willingness to share opinions and expertise to solve problems;
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Work performed in a manufacturing environment with exposure to elements such as noise/temperature/heights;
- Will require Ability to frequently walk and stand for extended periods;
- Will require ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 lbs and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs with assistance;
- Will require ability to frequently climb, kneel, stoop, crouch and/or crawl;
- Frequent exposure to moving equipment such as forklifts and material handling equipment;
- Will require ability to use and handle small tools such as screwdrivers, power drills, hammers, wrenches, etc.
The above description reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions and duties as required for the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description or task list of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.