|JOB TITLE||Production Worker|
|REPORTS TO||Production Manager or designate|
|REVISION DATE||August 2021|
- Safely load and unload parts and material into machines and finished goods containers;
- Follow work instructions as required;
- Assist machine operators in performing their duties;
- Use various tools and equipment as required;
- Visually inspect finished product for defects;
- Maintain a clean work area;
- Wear required PPE as directed:
- Work in compliance with company policies and procedures and Occupational Health & Safety Act for Industrial Establishments;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Secondary school diploma or GED equivalent;
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment preferred;
- Basic mechanical aptitude an asset.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Reliable and punctual;
- Conscientious with a good eye for detail to monitor quality;
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision;
- Flexible to perform other duties as assigned and dictated by work demands;
- Willing to learn;
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. as necessary;
- Must have reliable transportation and CSA safety footwear.
- Work performed in a manufacturing environment with exposure to elements such as noise/temperature/heights and working in awkward positions;
- Will require some lifting and operation of hand tools;
- Will frequently be exposed to moving equipment such as forklifts and material handling equipment;
- May require overtime and weekend work occasionally to meet deadlines;
The above description reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions and duties as required for the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description or task list of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.